Panhandle Yacht Club, Lake Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Panhandle Yacht Club Membership Fall 2013 Newsletter
The benefit of using springlines for your boat for winterizing and winter storage.
- Please help winterize PYC by making sure that boat lines and items around boats are cleared off the docks so as not to get tangled in the snow blower. Put away the paddle boats. Put chairs and tables away after Oktoberfest.
PYC Rule #9
- When a boat is docked where the wind and weather will move your boat around such as is the case at the PYC, there are several ways to ensure dock lines remain relatively tight and the boat does not move forward or back along the dock in the wind. Springlines help ensure that fenders will remain between the dock and the boat, rather than hanging uselessly as the boat rubs directly on the dock. This technique also helps the boat stay secure in the slip.
- Mooring lines shall be of a size and type recommended by the boat builder, or shall comply with published recommendations of cordage manufacturers and suppliers. In no case shall mooring lines be less substantial than 3/8" nylon. Snubbers shall be used on bow and stern lines and other lines subject to shock loading from wave action. Mooring lines shall be maintained in good condition.
Calendar of Events
October 12, 2013 3:00 pm
Oktoberfest Potluck October 12
- Meet on the Bar-B-Que deck at 3:00pm. Bring something to grill and something to share. Also please plan on closing down the Bar-B-Que deck after this event by removing all food from the refrigerators and removing all personal items from the area.
October 27, 2013 12:00 noon
- Pump Out Closure - Sunday, October 27th 12:00 noon
Many thanks to Neil and Shelly for taking such good care of us when they were the Harbormaster for our club! If you would like to follow their new adventures you can at http://www.sailblogs.com/member/openseas/
PYC Important News!
The Panhandle Yacht club is not designed nor intended to provide live-aboard support to its members or associate members. Therefore, living aboard a boat at the PYC is prohibited.
Standing Rule 8
- Between the hours of 10:00 PM and 7:00 AM are “quiet hours”. Halyards and other lines shall be secured to minimize noise when moored.
Panhandle Yacht Club Membership Information Update Request
The Panhandle Yacht Club Board of Directors are currently attempting to update membership records. We spend several hundred dollars each year mailing correspondence (e.g., newsletters and invoices) to our membership. This money could be better spent on other club needs. Plus with the cold weather season approaching we need to update all member records for emergent notification purposes. Examples to include, but not limited to:
Emergency snow removal notifications for your boat and slip
Emergency contact information
Electronic newsletter and invoice notifications
Please reply to email@example.com with the following:
- Your name
- Your slip number
- Would you be willing to receive the PYC Newsletter via email instead of U.S. Mail? Yes/No
- Would you be willing to receive your yearly membership invoice via email instead of U.S. Mail? Yes/No
Panhandle Yacht Club